Monday, November 26, 2007

Oxfam unwrapped-far from disapointing!

Well...Christmas is upon us and so are the crimbo commercials! One that really stood out to me, was the Oxfam Unwrapped commercial:



As it stands I don't yet know what anybody else thinks about it, but I absolutely love it!!!
Its said to be the first-of-its-kind spoof charity TV advertisement for Oxfam Unwrapped, and to me this really shows, as I haven't seen a spoof charity advert before,and if i have it obviously hasn't left an impression on me, whereas this one certainly did.

Creatives Jonathan Burley and Jim Bolton from the agency Leo Burnett, have successfully turned the traditional charity advertisement on its head! However, my only discontent was the inclusion of Helena Bonham-Carter laughing at the end, which I felt kind of spoiled the illusion of the satire a little, however,still a really good ad that grabbed my attention, as did the billboard posters (images taken by iconic photographer Rankin)



Nikki

No comments: