Saturday, July 19, 2008

GRT Awards




I attended the GRT book crits last friday in Tequilla. It was a fantastic opportunity meeting 6 creative directors continuosly for 3 hours! I had to admit I didn't get the best start, arriving a tad late due to a national express bus leaving me and a fellow passanger at the services! So, after turning up a tad flustered after running through various tube stations, the afternoon was worth all the stress of getting there.
I met the following people which as expected gave me varying feedback.

Simon Bosworth CD TDA
Trevor Chambers CD- Start Creative
Iian Hunter- Wunderman
Jamie Bell- Creative Group head, Wunderman
David Harris- CD and GRt Trustee, wrote the Brief.
Chris Catchpole- CD Catchpole and Friends

Ill write general comments about each brief i had in my book.

1. Photolibrary. Everyone remebered it clearly, so must have been a rememberable piece. Many however prefered my digital version, which suprised me! Maybe the bakery is leaning towards a didigtal future.

2.Covent Garden Soup. A brief I did for Mother. Tv campaign showing a cow eating the ingrediants for soup and producing fresh soup! A few guys thought it was a tad mad, but all seemed to like it in a quirky way. It was suggested like most of my campaigns i should extend the idea into other mediums.

3. Oxford English dictionary. All liked the client i used and my idea as shown below but all think i need a grounding bit of copy. Simon Bosworth picked up on my lack of copy but gave me a great tip of getting into copy, think of it like a conversation and edit down. Again, campain is extendable, sigestions, sms text.

4.Bulldog. Natural male grooming products. This piece was done for YCN. Bad press form this, completley told to scrap it by a few. The image didnt seem right at all, which i agreed. Maybe re-do with a more ruggeded,manly,essex biy attitude.

5.Grazia. Done for DandAD, as you can imagine seen thousands of times over. A few guys likeed the piece suggested i should scamp it all to the same style as previous as mac version wasnt giving it justice. A few said my scamps were great and could run as they were.

6. Nivea- As seen below. All said it was great, but not much else, so i think despite it winning i will eventually move it aside for third year work.

So overall, increase my copy, find a decent partner, go back to a few people with my changes.

1 comment:

Creative Park said...

Thanks for the message.

Push the brief is an event where people get together form a team and have to come up with a creative solution to a brief in 1/2 hours.

It was a great experience and keeps the old creative juices flowing when taking on something new.

Let me know when your in town it would be good to have a chat about creative "stuff"