Saturday, August 22, 2009

Variations on the Normal

I got shown a great blog awhile back (Thanks Angus) I don't really ever comment about other blogs, but this one I thought deserved a little mention. The blog is by Dominic Wilcox. He is "an ideas man who works within the area of the ‘everyday’. Everyday objects, environments, buildings, human interaction, no area of normality is out of reach. His work, which is usually layered with an ultra dry wit, places a spotlight on the banal, always adding a new, alternative perspective on things we take for granted"

Here are some examples of his thoughts and ideas from his blog:







It's precisely this kind of lateral problem solving style of thinking that I really like. Just the simplest of thoughts mixed with genius moments makes me sick with jealousy and envy.

No comments: